I wanted to share a great article by Cora Rivard, a Naturopathic Doctor (N.D.) at Seasons Natural Healthcare, LLC, in Derry, NH. This great article about Vitamin D goes over some of the need-to-know information concerning this vital nutrient.
The main points Dr. Rivard covers in detail are:
- vitamin D deficiency can cause many issues besides problems with bone density, muscle, and development. Inappropriate dosing during pregnancy or for the breastfeeding infant can be particularly damaging.
- Vitamin D levels are not assessed often enough as part of a diagnostic tool.
- The values from test results are often misinterpreted because the range is too wide; it does not reflect optimal levels for healthy individuals
- Many people don’t take enough, or take too much vitamin D.
- Many people supplement it at the wrong time!
Read the rest of Misconceptions About Vitamin D at The Mommy Illuminati
Dr. Rivard and I share a lot of the same passions when it comes to health – I am hoping we can share more from The Mommy Illuminati and Dr. Rivard in the future!