Meatloaf to make Mom proud!
Here is a great recipe for a Sunday Meatloaf. Instead of using breadcrumbs, consider using mushrooms instead. It can be made in a little over an hour and is delicious.
Gluten Free Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground cracked pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, minced
- 8oz of white mushrooms, chopped in food processor
- 2 tsp of butter
- 1 tsp red chile pepper flakes or powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1 Tbls honey
- Dash of Tapatio hot sauce and a dash of gluten-free Worcestershire
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In food processor, pulse the mushrooms two to three times or until they are small enough be mixed into the meat combination. They do not need to be super fine as they will be cooked down shortly.
- Heat the butter in a medium skillet and sauté the mushrooms until softened, 2 or 3 minutes will do. Remove any excess water created by the mushrooms
- In a bowl, mix together the two meats, all of the herbs, the egg, the onion, the garlic, the salt and pepper.
- Make one or two small loaves and place in a Pyrex baking dish.
- Mix together the ketchup, honey, hot sauce and Worcestershire
- Place the meatloaf into the preheated oven, and after 10 or 15 minutes or so, take out briefly to spread the glaze over all exposed sides. Continue cooking until you reach 150 degrees on an instant read thermometer in the deepest interior of the loaf (about 40 minutes)
- Remove the loaves with a spatula ( there will be some residual water and fat from cooking in the pan) and let rest on a smooth surface for 5 minutes before slicing.